DUnitX is a new test framework, taking ideas from DUnit, NUnit and other test frameworks. It is designed to work with Delphi 2010 or later, it makes use of language/RTL features that are not available in older versions of Delphi.
- Any class can contain tests
- Attribute based testing
- An extensive Assert Class
- Setup and TearDown per test method and per test fixture.
- API Documented using Xml-Doc
- Console Based Runner
- XML Logging which produces output compatible with NUnit (this will make it compatible with CI servers like ContinuaCI which can process NUnit xml)
- Cross platform currently supporting:
- Win32,Win64 and OSX Compilers.
- Limited backwards compatibility with DUnit test classes.
- Wizard for creating new tests.
DUnitX Planned Features
This is far from a complete list, but a few planned features are listed here to help indicate future direction.
- ~~GUI Test Runner~~ - Use TestInsight
- Multi-threaded tests - the ability to have test fixtures run in their own threads.
- Remote logging - Simple way to run tests on remote machines (just an idea at this point)
- Data driven test cases - the ability to provide a test method with a data source and test each entry in the data source. The data source will be virtualised so it can be anything (text file, db table etc).
Tips and Tricks
- In order to workaround the Delphi XE3 Bug, you need to add the unit DUnitX.Init to your test projects.
A Google+ Community has been setup to discuss DUnitX.
- Vincent Parrett
- Jason Smith
- Nick Hodges
- Nicholas Ring
- Robert Love
A recent list of contributors can always be obtained on GitHub.
Apache Version 2.0
Copyright (C) 2012-2016 Vincent Parrett
See license.txt for details.